Neetishala- The public policy discourse, is a six day residential school on issues related to public policy (with a focus on economic policies). The school brings together bureaucrats, journalists, other professionals and students to discuss about economic policy reform process. The participants come back from the school and advocate pertinent issues by creating blogs, publishing articles and getting involved in the process of lobbying. So far, two Neetishalas have been organized.
The workshop empowers young people to understand about public policies and its implications in day to day life, equips them with the knowledge of seeing public policies beyond their general appearance, stimulates them with some economic policies that are vital to the prosperity of the country and adds curiosities to find policy solutions to the economic problem of Nepal. As an addition, Neetishala also provides an understanding of advocacy and its tools and their usage to aware, influence and lobby the general public and policy makers to make decisions and policies for the growth of the nation.
- Lectures & Presentations
- Discussions & Debates
- Simulations & Exercises
- Readings & Group Works
Neetishala provides an opportunity to:
- Learn about Public Policy
- Discover the implications of certain policies on daily life
- Understand your Role in the System
- Identify the hurdles in the growth of the nation and find solutions to them
- Learn and experience advocacy, its tools and their usage
- Prepare yourself for a career in a Think Tank
- Build networks
- Step up from being a thinker to being a doer
Read some of our participants blog about the previous Neetishala.