On October 20, 2014, Samriddhi, The Prosperity Foundation, as a member of the Economic Freedom Network and the co-publisher of the Economic Freedom of the World Report, released the Economic Freedom of the World Report, 2014 in Nepal along with its own report on Kirana Pasals on the 20th of October, 2014 at FNCCI premises, Teku. Samriddhi’s Research Officer Mr. Akash Shrestha made a presentation on the present scenario of the Economic Freedom of the world and the findings of the study on Kirana pasal. The Study on Kirana Pasal explains how economic Freedom matters to micro and small entrepreneurs in Nepal.
Nepal’s score in 5 key areas of economic freedom (from 1 to 10, where a higher value indicates a higher level of economic freedom and a higher ranking) are as follows:
- Size of government: score decreased from 7.6 in the previous year to 7.4 this year
- Legal structures and security of property rights: score unchanged at 4.2
- Access to sound money: score increased slightly from 6.3 in the previous year to 6.4 this year
- Freedom to trade internationally: score unchanged at 6.4
- Regulation of credit, labor and business: score slightly decreased from 6.5 in previous year to 6.4 this year
The full report can be found at: www.freetheworld.com