On September 14, 2015, Samriddhi, The Prosperity Foundation in partnership with the FNCCI launched not only the Economic Freedom of the World Index-2015 in Nepal and its version of the Country Audit Report for the same but also released 6 new studies under the theme of ‘Liberating Nepali Enterprises’. These new studies can be seen as complimentary documents to the Economic Freedom Country Audit Report-2015 Nepal, but they also encompass topics not covered by the Economic Freedom Index. The chief guest for the event was Hon. Dr. Ram Sharan Mahat, Minister of Finance and the event was chaired by Mr. Suraj Vaidya, Chairman – Samriddhi Foundation.
The books were unveiled by a distinguished panel of guests inclusive of Dr. Ram Krishna Timalsena (former Registrar of the Supreme Court), Mr. Rameshore Khanal (former Secretary of Finance Ministry), Dr. Bishwambher Pyakurel (senior economist), Dr. Yuba Raj Khatiwada (former Governer of NRB) and Mr. Dinesh Shrestha (FNCCI).
The six new unveiled books and their respective areas of concern can be found below:
- Regulatory Reform in Transportation Services: Volume I – Understanding Why Cartels Exist and Sustain in Public Transportation Services
- Regulatory Reform in Transportation Services: Volume II – Revisiting taxi licensing in Bagmati Zone
- Better Education Outcomes Through Education Entrepreneurs: Volume I – Cost of Registering Private Schools in Nepal)
- Better Education Outcomes Through Education Entrepreneurs: Volume II – Cost of Complying with Applicable Regulations)
- Cost of Firing in Nepal
- Ensuring Protection of Private Property (in Nepal)
The books are also available in hard copies; please contact The Freedom House to reserve one!